Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Food, Glorious Food!

Seems like the Universe has a memo out for me. "Hey! Girl with the whisk! There's only 2,392 marbles left in your jar. When do you think you're going to be ready to step out there?"
The first step is always the hardest, they say. So after several weeks of encouraging words, some fantastic and some less than stellar food pics, rave recipe reviews, and the like - here I go. I'm finally going to blog about food. My husband is the comedian in our family, so please don't expect stand-up grade banter - I will try to amuse as well as inform (as life does best) but please be gentle with your criticism, I'm merely a student just like you.

I have been trying in vain for the last three years to breathe life into my natural-foods start up. Let me just say, I would rather go through 32 hours of non-medicated labor again than try to lift this monumental stone alone. I know that it will happen, it's the when part that has got my yarn all spun. Luckily, my four-year-old is the Headmaster at Life's School of Patience. I'm learning that everything is going to happen exactly according to its season. Not a day slower, not a minute quicker.

We are newly vegetarian, which has sparked a renewed interest in food. Ingredients, Vitamins, Minerals, Taste, Texture, Place of Origin, History, etc. all have a new dimension. I'll post some of the meals I prepare for my four first-rate taste testers, and will try to narrate a bit about the experience of putting it together.

Look for cooking classes, coming soon to your local Anne Arundel and Howard County Libraries!

Thank you for the light and the love. You keep me going.

No comments: